Fitmas Tree, Oh Fitmas Tree, how lovely is this workout!
Happy Blogmas Day 4! Sorry for the bad pun, but I am so excited to share this post with you all! I am a huge fan of working out (it’s so good for your brain and your body), so for Day Four of Blogmas I’ve put together a workout in the shape of a Christmas tree! This workout is quite the challenge (I was sore for about 2 days afterward), but it was a blast and it really got me in the Christmas spirit! I think it’s a great way to spice up your fitness routine and challenge your whole body!
I performed this workout in circuit form, starting at the top of the tree and working my way down with no rest in between moves. I rested for a minute between each round, and completed a total of 3 rounds. I used only my body-weight (as you’ll see in the video) but feel free to add weight or modify the moves as you need!
Disclaimer: Consult a physician before beginning a new exercise routine.
Without further ado, here is my Fitmas Tree Workout!
And here is a video of me sleighing this workout (yes, that was an attempt at another pun).
To make this workout beginner friendly, I recommend:
- Not jumping when you do the burpee. Instead, walk your legs up to meet your hands, then just stand and do a squat.
- Doing the push-ups on your knees or up against a wall.
- For the sumo squats, widen your stance and don’t go down as far.
- The wall sit can be broken into two 20 second sits, and you also don’t have to sit at a perfect 90 degree angle.
- You can swap the mountain climbers out for crunches
- Take a 15 second rest between each move
I hope this workout spices up your workout routine, or at least makes you laugh! I enjoyed it most when I blasted some Christmas music and really put my focus into going as hard as I could through the workout. Remember, the goal is to push yourself, but not so hard that you get an injury. Listen to your body and how it’s feeling, and modify if you need to! Doing the exercises in proper form is much more important than doing them quickly. Let me know what you think in the comment section, and be sure to subscribe so you don’t ever miss a post again!